Introduction of Mark Guerrero and a New Symbol for Skateboarding

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Wed Sep 28 07:10:22 UTC 2005

>Here, in California, we see young people skateboarding down the street all the time, and there are amazing olympic-skilled skateboarding competitions in special arenas. The movement is a little like writing ice skating movement, but the props are different. Instead of ice skates, there is this special board with wheels, that twirls and turns in the air with the person, while they jump in the air...it is quite an amazing sport...Have any of you seen it?

Yes, sure :-). I think skateboarding is well known in Europe, and at least in Poland. In some cities and towns there are special places for skateboarding. But I have nothing to do with that, I prefer skis... :-)

Lucy