New 10 handshape in the IMWA ;-)

Barbara Pennacchi barbara.pennacchi at ISTC.CNR.IT
Wed Sep 28 08:38:35 UTC 2005

On 27.09.05 23:23, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> September 27, 2005
>
> Which symbol would you choose (for the middle one)?

I've followed the discussion on 10 handshape in half-fill... Both variants
of thumb-sticking-out are hard to understand for someone not skilled in
reading sw (and for me on caffeine withdrawal).

I think it should be a question of consistency and mnemonics.

Personally, I think the half-filled symbol with the circle is easy to
understand (though it's a bit hard to write), so it should be the same in
both wall and floor orientation.

Now, if you don't mind, I'll go drink myself into caffeinic frenzy :)

Have a nice day!
| Barbara Pennacchi               barbara.pennacchi (at) istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|       Via S. Martino della Battaglia 44, 00185 Roma, Italia        |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |