SignWriting in Denmark 1982 ;-)

Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 2 14:05:33 UTC 2006

Val,

that is fab!

maybe we lots in the ESWO should try and put together the history of
SignWriting in the EU - to encourage the member states to understand
the history and all that! :-) - that is something we can think - what
do you think, Ingvild?

Britta Hansen's first husband - whats his name? :-)

Im studying Advanced BSL Studies at Durham under Judith Collins who
was trained by Mary Brennan - Mary Brennan had so much profound impact
on Judith Collins - Judith was telling me a funny story about Mary
Brennan - one day Mary Brennan observed Judith's signing and said
"Well, you got your grammar wrong etc!" - Judith went ballistic,
saying something like "how dare you judge me like that, im a native
signer, i used BSL all my life etc!" as Mary Brennan was not deaf and
she got to learn BSL quite late etc - later on Judith realised that
Mary Brennan was right after all!!! :-)

I love the fact that her surname is Irish ;-) - and that shes from
Gateshead (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)

Shane