BRAZIL Animated SignWriting by Rubia Denardi

rocha at ATLAS.UCPEL.TCHE.BR rocha at ATLAS.UCPEL.TCHE.BR
Sun Apr 9 21:53:23 UTC 2006

Valerie and Juliette,

  Sorry for not mentioning that in my message.

  Yes, the animation is driven by a Java applet. To run the animation it
is required to download the "Java Runtime Environment", called J2SE JRE.

  It is easy to do that, the instalation is automatic.

  The link to the download page of the J2SE JRE is

        http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

  The link is more or less in the middle of the page.

  It will lead to another page, where various download options are
available. The simplest one is that named

    "Windows Instalation, Multilanguage"

(not the one named "Windows Offline Instalation, Multilanguage").

  And Valerie, if the SW symbols were in a so-called vector format (like
SVG and others) it would be possible to scale them larger or smaller
automatically in the animation, so you would not need to increase the
number of symbols (they could be automatically rotated too, so the
number of symbols would be divided by 16).

  But of course, re-doing everything you did requires a big effort from
somebody specially dedicated to it. Hard to find :-(

  All the best,

  Antônio Carlos