AW: [sw-l] Request for Research Data

Sun Apr 16 10:05:37 UTC 2006

Hello Antônio Carlos
"Perhaps some of us would suggest little modifications to that
representation, but it is essentially correct. And is a very
interesting demonstration of how people can represent in many different
ways one single sign."

The spelling of your attached gif for SURDO is absolutely correct - smile
>From my point of view - it is the strenght of a movement-writing-system to
focus on any individual performance -

So what comes first is the signers signing and what follows is the chance to
write down what you see. No need for common agreement as long as the scribes
are writing while following the general spelling-rules. But it takes time to
understand all the concepts correctly.

Stefan:-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von
rocha at ATLAS.UCPEL.TCHE.BR
Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. April 2006 05:46
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: Re: [sw-l] Request for Research Data

Valerie, Stuart, Steve,

   About the different possible ways to write the sign DEAF, I attach a
gif file with an interesting way to write that sign (SURDO, in
Brazilian sign language) that was recently posted on the web in Brazil.

      The webpage is http://www.culturasurda.com.br

   Perhaps some of us would suggest little modifications to that
representation, but it is essentially correct. And is a very
interesting demonstration of how people can represent in many different
ways one single sign.

   My conclusion is: the representation problem for SignWriting will not
be solved by technical arguments, only by common agreement. And that
demands time and good will.

  All the best,

  Antônio Carlos

   All the best,