Run Windows XP and Mac OS X on the same machine...

Tue Apr 18 20:27:45 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 18, 2006

Dear SW List!
Just to inform you...

Windows XP and Mac OS X seem to be used by many SignWriting users. So
this new development may be of interest to all of you. There is now a
machine, called the Mac Intel, that can run BOTH Windows XP and Mac
OS X on the same computer. No need for Virtual PC any longer, if you
have a Mac Intel.

So I am going to try it. I plan to install Windows XP on my Mac Intel
to see what happens!

Here is an article about it published today on the web:

-------------

Windows Xp to run on Macs
18/04/2006 12:51  - (SA)
Munich - Macintosh users have a limited amount of time to download a
free programme that lets Windows XP programmes run on Macintoshes.

Boot Camp is in a public beta version, an early form of the programme.

It can be downloaded at http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp.

The new programme requires a new Mac with an Intel processor chip,
according to Apple in Munich.

It also needs Mac's latest operating system, Mac OS X 10.4.6, and 10
free gigabytes.

Boot Camp users can decide, when restarting their computers, whether
they want to boot up with the Windows XP or Mac OS X system.

The final version of Boot Camp will be incorporated into Mac OS X
10.5 Leopard - a new operating system scheduled for release in August.