ASL Web Site FROST VILLAGE by Adam Frost

Mon Apr 10 21:17:15 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 10, 2006

Adam Frost from California wrote:
> The HERE that you are referring to is a link to a video of me signing
> and voicing (I recorded it before hand. HA! Signing ASL and
> speaking English
> at the same time is a near impossible task.) Did you see that? You
> didn't mention anything about that so I was wondering.
> Adam
> www.FrostVillage.com

Hi Adam!
Yes ...that is my point...I could not see that, because when I
clicked on HERE...it went to another web page but no video! What web
browser should I use? Maybe Internet Explorer? I have not been able
to see any video yet ;-))

I look forward to seeing your video!

Speaking and signing at the same time used to be my best skill, but
it certainly is NOT really ASL, because it is impossible to speak two
languages at the same time no matter how hard we all try! So it would
be better to just sign, I would think, because we can read the
English on the web page. I know you want to show that you can speak
well, and I am sure that is impressive too...but maybe you can do two
videos, one with speech and one with signing to separate the 2
languages?

Believe it or not, I did a television interview in Denmark, where I
was interviewed by Deaf people in Danish Sign Language, and they
asked me to voice in Danish while I signed in ASL...although I did
the best I could, I understood later that hearing people understood
me but Deaf people basically thought I was crazy!! What was that
weird signing that lady from America was signing? They were
absolutely correct and I will never do that again, even though it was
Deaf interviewers who thought it would be understood...we were all
wrong! smile...

So better to separate the languages in my opinion...smile...

No matter what, Adam, I admire you for your courage and tenacity with
this very unusual and special web site that is completely in ASL...I
am totally in awe of it!

http://www.FrostVillage.com