Portable Firefox

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Aug 3 01:00:31 UTC 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Steve Slevinski wrote:
> There is also a portable version of Thunderbird.  It's the version
> that I use for email and contacts. I use AllSync for PC to PC to
> Tablet data synchronization.  I run the applications off of my C
> drive and sync up the USB when I plan on using another PC.
>
> -Steve

Hi Steve -

I see...

There is also a cross-platform portable Thunderbird...

Cross-Platform Portable Firefox Mac-Windows
http://www.theplaceforitall.com/portablefirefox/

Cross-Platform Portable Thunderbird Mac-Windows
http://www.theplaceforitall.com/portablethunderbird/

But now I am a little confused...

I download the software and then what?

Do I need to purchase a USB stick to do this? Which one?

So you use the portable version of Thunderbird, even when you are not
porting something? You are working off the USB stick all the time, so
you remain portable?

Does the portable version of the software work differently than the
desktop version?

Val ;-)