Writing the 4 Group in handwriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Dec 1 16:49:43 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
December 1, 2006

Hello Stuart -
Thanks for the info on the iSight camera and video - I will learn how
to do that!

Of course I am interested in your ideas for handwriting...we did have
plam facing markers years ago but found they were not used that much
- but if you feel that is better for you that is terrific and I look
forward to seeing it - Thanks for working so hard on it...

The shading for palm facing developed for the reader...when we are
reading documents it is the very best we can do, because we tried
other forms of palm facing information, and for fast literature
reading, that is printed by computer anyway, the shading is the best
for reading...

In the Shorthand we found that all the palm facing information wasn't
always needed, if the shorthand-taker then transcribed their notes
quickly into a more detailed form of writing later...

Handwriting is very personal anyway...when I worked with lots of
people in the 1980's before computers, we all wrote by hand and for
some reason there was never any issues that I remember because people
assumed that it didn't have to be perfect since sloppy handwriting
was re-written with ink pens later, when we published our SignWriter
Newspaper....so I guess we accepted the differences in handwriting
styles just as long as we could read it enough to be able to copy and
re-produce the signs in SignWriting Printing later...

Val ;-)