Square Fist Symbol in SignMaker

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 12 18:58:40 UTC 2006

I really am looking forward to the day that we are back to a typing rather than a drag and drop system for Sign Writing.  Drag and drop takes forever, and typing with specific sequences helps one to memorize the system much better.  I know that the DOS system and Windows 98 are no longer supported but they really could do a lot of things well, even though they didnĀ“t save into SignBank or IMWA.

  Just my opinion (I have been a speed typist since I was 14) as I would like to be able to duplicate that speed in sign writing, which would show a distinct advantage in showing the applicability of an equivalent system for reproduction as typing is to spoken language.

  Charles Butler

Valerie Sutton <Sutton at SignWriting.org> wrote:
  SignWriting List
December 12, 2006

On Dec 12, 2006, a question from a SignPuddle user:
> I tried to find just plain Square symbol but i cannot find it ...
> all square symbols have lines attached it ... i just want a plain
> square because it is fist hand...

Thank you for your question. You looked in the correct place. The
very LAST symbol, has no thumb lines attached. It is a plain
square...See attached diagram...