Southern California Christmas

Fri Dec 15 17:41:25 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
December 15, 2006

Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa wrote:
> my point is that we should encourage people to use that symbol a
> bit more!
> i know deafies will remember that symbol a lot more better
> hows sunny California - its freezing here in Belfast...

Thanks for telling us your feelings on the Heel of Hand, Shane...I am
glad we have choices for everyone...

Regarding weather...well...I live in a different world than northern
European countries...I know, since I lived in Denmark for years ;-)

Belfast, if you look at a world map, is in line with northern Canada!
That is cold country with snow in the winter!

This is summertime in Brazil! So the world is different all around...

San Diego, where I live, is in line with southern Spain, or northern
Africa...our weather is closer to the Mediterranean countries in
Europe...

San Diego is only 20 minutes from Mexico...we are a city next to the
ocean, but if you drive just one hour east, inland towards the
mountains, over on the other side of the mountains is a dry hostile
desert...so San Diego climate is called Coastal-Desert...meaning that
we are a desert next to an ocean...

In the Autumn, we have our hot dry winds from the desert...a weather
condition called the Santa Ana Winds...that only happens in Southern
California...we had 90 degree Farenheit weather some days in October
and November this year because of the Santa Ana Winds (that is 32
degrees celcius)...this past week it has been 70 farenheit (21
celcius) during the day...The Spring time is our bad weather...we get
fog from the ocean...but never snow...and very little rain...our
biggest problem is wild fires because we are so dry...

I hope you get warm soon, Shane! Snow is lovely this time of year for
people who celebrate Christmas with Santa Claus!