TEACHERS apply for free SignWriting materials

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Dec 13 16:49:14 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
December 13, 2006

TEACHERS apply for free SignWriting materials

Want to Participate in the SignWriting Literacy Project?

Dear Teacher:
You are welcome to participate in the SignWriting Literacy Project.

We will need two things from you to begin the project....

1. A letter of confirmation from your school...(see below)

and...

2. Teacher's Report #1 ...you can send it by email...(see next message)

----------

Sample Letter From Your School

Below is a copy of a sample letter.
Please write it, sign it, and send it to us...email is ok...

Date

FROM:
Teacher's Name
School's Name
School's Street Address
Teacher's Email Address

TO:
Valerie Sutton
SignWriting Literacy Project
P.O. Box 517
La Jolla, CA. 92038-0517, USA

Dear Valerie,

The teachers of the ___________grade, at the ____________School, in
the city of ___________ would like to participate in your SignWriting
Literacy Project. We are part of the _______________School District.
Some other information about our hearing impaired program is:
____________ .

Some of our teachers would like to introduce SignWriting to their
students. These teacher's are interested in learning and using
SignWriting because_______________________.

Each teacher has approximately _________number of students who will
be participating in the Literacy Project.

We agree, as a group, to complete Teacher's Reports in return for the
SignWriting materials and technical support you donate to us. We
understand that this letter and all reports will become public
information and will be posted to the SignWriting List and posted on
the SignWriting Web Site. You have our full permission to use the
information as needed.

Please send SignWriting materials for _________number of teachers and
___________number of students.

Thank you for considering us for your project.

Sincerely,
(signature)

Name
Teacher