Question on DELETE

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Thu Dec 14 22:12:34 UTC 2006

I noticed there was no entry for DELETE, so I added these signs. Philip
and I feel the first one will be read by a person who knows ASL, but
the second one is good for a new reader or a new signer. What do you
all think?

If you need a narrative description, the thumb rests inside of the
index finger and then flicks outward in a quick motion while the hand
moves upward diagonally ending in a thumbs up handshape. Another
variation of this sign can use the left open palm and the right hand
mimics flicking something off the left palm.

Stuart