New Discussion Group for ASL Grammar

Adam Frost icemandeaf at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 3 23:40:35 UTC 2006

If that could be done, it would be great! WriteASL would be a fine name, I think. I think that would be better than the MSN Group. I went with it because it was the best I could come up with, but what you suggested is even better.
I was thinking that I should join TeachASL, but have been hesitent to do so. I will have to join as soon as I can get to a computer with internet.
Thanks again for the suggestion.
Adam
-----Original Message-----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <sutton at signwriting.org>
Date: 02/03/06 03:39 PM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] New Discussion Group for ASL Grammar

SignWriting List
February 3, 2006

Hello Adam!
This is wonderful. Thanks for thinking of all these things! I hope
you will announce this new List to other Deaf lists, and to the
TeachASL List...Are you a member of the TeachASL List?

One of the reasons I do not like MSN is that I became a member, but
then forgot my password etc...but if you feel you would like this new
ASL Grammar List to prosper, without the problems of MSN, I could ask
Paul Cowley and others if we could add your List to the group of
Lists that are housed at Valencia College...as you know, they are the
SLLING, TeachASL, SignWriting, Terps List and the Ontario Sign
Language Association List...You can access the Lists by going to:

http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/majordomo

Type in your email address, and press ALL and then GO and you can see
all the lists listed there for people to choose from...there are no
ads and it is beautifully handled...I could ask permission to add
your List to the group of Sign Language related lists?...

Want that? It would avoid MSN and we would benefit...I think it
should be called something shorter, WriteASL List, which is similar
to TeachASL...? or whatever...we can ask Paul Cowley if you want this...

Anyway, then your list would coordinate with our SignWriting List and
when people join one, then they can join the others at the same time...

Would that be ok with you?

If not, MSN is fine...I am so busy now that I don't think I can join
at the moment, but that is good, because you can always post a
message to the SignWriting List when you need to! I will always be
here...

This is a good step forward, Adam...Thank you...I hope the Deaf
Community gets informed about it...

Val ;-)