SignBank 6.0 and SignBank 7.0

Anne-Claude Pr=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=laz Girod acpg at VTXNET.CH
Wed Feb 8 20:29:11 UTC 2006

I perfectly agree!!! let's wait for the new verson... and till then I should
buy a new computer!!

Take care

Anny

De : "Valerie Sutton" <sutton at signwriting.org>
Répondre à : sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Date : Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:18:31 -0800
À : sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Objet : [sw-l] SignBank 6.0 and SignBank 7.0

SignWriting List
February 8, 2006

Hello Anny and Everyone!
The new SignBank that Todd completed yesterday is SignBank 6.0, because it
was created with, and works with FileMaker 6.0. Right now, I only have
SignBankUS 6.0 posted for download...I hope to post some other countries in
6.0 too...

But there is more to this story...

The current version of FileMaker is 8.0! Everytime we have to upgrade our
SignBank to fit with a new version of FileMaker it costs our non-profit
money...Right now I have the funding to pay for the upgrade to 7.0...So in
around a month, there will be a SignBank 7.0, that will look and work the
same from the users point of view, but internally will fit better with
SignPuddle and SignText, because it has some of the modern features needed
for programmers to coordinate their programs...

So there will be a SignBank 7.0 in about a month...

SignBank 6.0 for Mac OS 9 cannot be updated to SignBank 7.0 later...you will
never be able to update to a new version if you use Mac OS 9...which is a
very old operating system...

But if you use SignBank 6.0 for Mac OS X, you can update to SignBank 7.0
automatically later...

So obviously it is to your advantage to get a Mac OS X computer...

And I have to re-vamp all the lessons I started, to match this new
situation...so many thanks for the French translations, but it is best that
we stop on SignBank until you have a new computer and we have SignBank 7.0!

Don't you agree?

Val ;-)

---------------------------

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod in French-Switzerland wrote:

 Ok I'll try that!!

thanks tfor this change

just a question... what happens if I download the MacOs 9 version... can I
then switch to the MacOsX version if I need to change my computer ??? (mine
is getting old) I wouldn't like to have to restart it from the beginning...
if I'll have to change anyway is it better to start right away with the
MacOsX version.... (in which their is the swiss french version ??)

what do you think??

Let me know

I'm thinking of getting a Mac Mini (Mac Os X.4, ...)... which I could use
with my acutal screen.... or maybe event buy a new laptop...! which I could
use when I teach the different workshops!!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Anny