SIGNBANK What is happening?

Sat Feb 4 23:17:18 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
February 4, 2006

SIGNBANK Report ;-)

When Anny found out that SignBank didn't open in Mac OS 9, I
contacted our SignBank programmer, Todd Duell, and he is coming this
Tuesday afternoon to my office to work on improving SignBank...Then,
I can re-upload SignBank once again, for those who want to download
it, plus I can re-create a new CD for Nana and others, and also
update the manuals. Todd will be doing more than just fixing that one
problem...Todd will also be updating SignBank to work with FileMaker
Pro 7.0 and 8.0, which is the most up-to-date version used around the
world...so SignBank will become a better program....When we are done,
it will still be free for those who download (and for the
Philippines ;-) It will not require owning FileMaker or any other
program. Nana - Your CD was never sent because I realized there were
some bugs...

So for the next 2 weeks at least, the SignBank Lessons are on hold,
and I will try to focus on SignText Lessons, which is better for all
of us anyway...

What is the difference between SignPuddle, SignBank, and SignText?

SignPuddle...Create signs online, add them to a dictionary, search
the dictionary, send email using glosses

SignBank...Create, Print, Search and Publish Multi-Lingual Sign
Language Databases...SignBank can be used to print thick
dictionaries....like a websters dictionary...easily and
automatically, once the database is filled with signs...

SignText...Create Sign Sentences and Sign Documents online or
offline, send email, no glosses involved!

Both SignText and SignWriter are ways to create documents...

OK. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

Tech support by voice or video...
Make an appointment by email ;-)