SIGNBANK What is happening?

Anne-Claude Pr=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=laz Girod acpg at VTXNET.CH
Mon Feb 6 21:05:51 UTC 2006

I think I have to buy a new computer anyway... so I'll have the latest
version of MacOs X

Thanks Val for your help

Anny

De : "Valerie Sutton" <sutton at signwriting.org>
Répondre à : sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Date : Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:01:45 -0800
À : sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Objet : Re: [sw-l] SIGNBANK What is happening?

SignWriting List
February 6, 2006

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
does this mean we will be abvle to use it with Mac OS 9.... or do I
definitely have to change to MacOs X ???

Hello Anny and Everyone!
I don't know the answer to that yet, Anny, since Todd is coming Tuesday
afternoon and we have to talk through what can and can't be done....

If we can get a version that works for older operating systems that will be
great, but there is no question that if you were running Mac OS X you would
have more features in SignBank...

Any old version we can create will be more limited, because Mac OS X has
more possibilities...

So that is why, if you were willing to upgrade to Mac OS X, it would be to
your advantage...With Mac OS X, you can access Mac OS 9 programs from the
computer you have right now...be sure to back all your files up, by placing
them on a separate hard drive. Then install Mac OS X, and then once it is
running, you can install all your old Mac OS 9 software in the Mac Classic
section of the computer and you have not lost anything...but gained a modern
operating system...and a better version of SignBank!

On the other hand, it is a lot of work to upgrade...so I will inform you on
Wednesday what Todd and I accomplished regarding the old SignBank...

Thanks for your patience -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

Tech support by voice or video...
Make an appointment by email ;-)