USA Sign for Hospital

Thu Feb 9 16:55:13 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
February 9, 2006

> Philippe from Iowa wrote:
> Valerie, I tried to create SW for the hospital sign.  It is
> awarkard for me to put this together, I need your assistance.  You
> can find the word “hospital” on sign puddle.  Thank you.

Hello Everyone, and Philippe!
Thanks for this question. I have now added four possible spellings
for the sign for HOSPITAL in the ASL SignPuddle. See attached
diagram...The two arrows combined is an actual symbol in its own
right...the combination itself became a symbol because it is used so
much in signed languages...This combines with the Brush Symbol on the
arm...So you do not have to write a separate arrow down, and then
another separate arrow across...In the next message I will show where
that cross-movement symbol is located...smile.. Val :-)