finger circles

Fri Feb 17 20:29:11 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
February 17, 2006

Cherie Wren from Georgia School for the Deaf wrote:
> I need to write a sign where the thumbs circle...  the only finger
> circles available in SignPuddle (that I can find) are for index
> fingers...  Is there a way to modify those?

Hello Cherie!
Thanks for this question. You are correct that the finger circles for
the Index finger are the only ones in the IMWA at the moment (see
attached)...I will improve this by getting rid of the index
handshape, leaving only the Finger Circle symbols, and then you can
apply them to any finger...but they need to be applied so the finger
is sticking into the middle of the circle...I will tell you when
those are ready...and oh by the way...THANK YOU for your great video
of the classifiers..I was able to open it on my computer and I will
be making some lessons using the video...many thanks Cherie...Val ;-)