AW: AW: [sw-l] MOUTH Cheeva and Cha

Mon Feb 27 22:33:07 UTC 2006

Well from my experience it depends on your intentions.

If I am writing a message to a deaf friend I don't write as many mouth
symbols of this kind.

But as a teacher who tries to support the deaf children in becoming familiar
with the words or the spoken language I keep in mind how many symbols are
needed on what level.

Some students feel so happy if I offer lots and lots of these because They
get a chance to write a perfect translation after very few trials while
others on a higher level just need one single mouth symbol in order to not
get confused if they can choose between a whole number ...

So for every day use and in a different situation with a different intention
... yes I would vote for short versions... smile

It is exactly as Adam mentioned in one of his last messages- it is a big
difference - to transcribe a given performance - or to express my own
ideas/feelings or to teach SL or to offer materials to improve spoken
language skills ...

Stefan ;-)