FRENCH-SWISS sign for ABRICOT

Thu Jan 26 01:31:34 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 25, 2006

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> I have another question on the hand position at the end... the sign
> for
> "abricot" used here is made so that right hand is pointing 9o'clock
> & left
> hand is pointing 3 o'clock....(at the end of the movement... do you
> get what
> I mean ? I'll try to find a picture of that and send it to you
> (need to ask my deaf
> frien permission first)

Hello Anny and Juliette!
Yes...I remember seeing the illustration you sent me, which showed
the ending position quite different...you are correct that was a
different position. The illustration was not clear at all, regarding
the movement, or the beginning position, so I am literally guessing,
but here is another sign...

This sign is written starting with the hands projecting toward the
front wall, with the baby finger side of the hands parallel to the
floor...Then the movement rotates forward so that the palms are now
to the ceiling, back of hands parallel to the floor...