New Symbols in the IMWA ready to use in SignPuddle

Geoffrey Hunt geoffrey_hunt at SIL.ORG
Thu Jan 5 21:43:16 UTC 2006

I don't know who Gregory is, but I had this same problem when downloading to
an NTFS folder on XP Pro, SP2.  I may have had a long path; I didn't try
downloading to a folder in the root directory.

Geoffrey

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Steve Slevinski
Sent: 02 January 2006 22:45
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] New Symbols in the IMWA ready to use in SignPuddle

Hi Stuart,

You are correct.  Gregory has this problem.  It depends how your hard drive
is formatted.  Some file systems have a limit to the number of files allowed
in a directory.  Using long file names decreases this limit even more.

I am using NTFS (NT File System) and have not had this problem on Windows
XP.  I created a special download of the IMWA into category folders for
Gregory, but I didn't modify SignText so that he could use it.

When the IMWA 1.3 is release, I will try and get SignText to work for all
file systems.

Regards,
-Steve