FRENCH-SWISS Sign for MOTOR

Mon Jan 16 21:27:27 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 16, 2006

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod from French-Switzerland wrote:
> Can anyone tell me which sign seems the best... it's the sign for
> "motor"
> both do the movment simultaneously and keep touching one another...
> but I'm
> not sure about the arrows...

Hello Anny and SW Listers -
The one to the left is correct (see attached)...It uses the General
Arrowhead, which means that the two hands are contacting each other
and moving along the same path...they became a unit, when they
contacted and moved together.

If they were NOT contacting each other and were separated, then they
would paint two separate paths...a dark one for the right, and a
light one for the left...so arrows paint movement-paths...and in this
case, the path is united into a general arrow..