detailed argument for SignWriting to be used in Deaf Education

Fri Jan 27 02:41:14 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 26, 2006

Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa wrote:
> as some of you know im one of the Trustees for the Deaf School here in
> Belfast, im trying to put together a detailed argument why we should
> teach sign-writing to deaf children in my School - perhaps you can
> tell me why it is important for them to learn this - and for what
> purposes?

Shane - Have you read some of the questions and answers on the
SignWriting web site?

Questions and Answers About SignWriting
http://signwriting.org/about/questions/questions.html

and read the Deaf opinions on the web:

Deaf Opinions on SignWriting
http://www.SignWriting.org/deaf

For example, here is a little of what Kathy Say had to say in 1995 -