ASL Grammar - Is this correct?

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Mon Jan 30 16:07:20 UTC 2006

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu skriver:
>SignWriting List
>
>> Adam Frost in California wrote:
>> Sorry that it took me a while to respond to your question. (I had
>> to get to a computer to see the attachment.) The sentence is a good
>> one; however, the eyebrows need to be down or you are asking a yes/
>> no question. So basically, this sentence is saying "Hello, your
>> name is What, right?" :-) I know it isn't the meaning that you are
>> looking for, so the eyebrows need to be down. I see that Stefan
>> wrote that in his re-write.

Hmm .. I wrote the equivalent question in Norwegian SL, and was told by
deaf signers that actually, for this this particular question, the
eyebrows up is better, because it looks more friendly.  So I guess things
differ a bit among language communities??

Ingvild