writing sentences

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Tue Jan 31 14:47:25 UTC 2006

OK, I am progressing from just writing words onto tackling sentences, and
I have a couple questions.

Where does the roleshift symbol go in relation to the signs that are
shifted?  Does that move into another lane in the column?  Is it like a
topic marker that is at the beginning of the topic, then not included with
each sign in the topic?  I am working on something that includes
constructed dialogue...  "He said, she said" stuff.

I saw something in the text book about a unit connecting line...   is that
only used in research? How does the everyday writing show how long the
shift lasts or how long a given facial expression lasts?

Could I see something some of you have already done with a roleshift in
it?

BTW, I can open sign bank with the password, It's everything that comes
next I can't figure out...  ::grin::

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.