New Version of SignText ready for testing...

Tue Jan 31 22:58:05 UTC 2006

Hi List,

A while back I was talking with Val.  She mentioned there was a school
that liked to use SignText but was frustrated by its limitations.  Like
Val, I enjoy working on stuff that gets used.  So I made some major
improvements to SignText including basic editing, saving, loading,
email, and display.

Val says she will update the instructions, but for the daring...

*Basic Editing with the mini-cons*
Each sign in the sign sentence has 9 special icons that help with editing

- Load this sign into the SignBox
- Delete this sign from sentence
- Replace this sign in the sentence with the sign in SignBox
- Insert the sign in the SignBox above this sign
- Insert the sign in the SignBox below this sign
- Change the lane of this sign
- Move this sign up or down in the sentence

*Improved Options
*When you have completed the document, you now have several options.

Display - Opens a new page where only the document is visible.
Email - Opens a page on SignBank.org where you can send an email in
SignWriting
Bookmark - Opens a page you can bookmark where you can reload the
document into SignText.  This allows you to save your work and edit it
later.
Import - Opens a page on SignBank.org where you can choose a language so
you can import into a SignPuddle dictionary
SWML - View the document in SignWriting markup language.

You can use SignText online or you can download SignText to use
offline.  The offline version is the exact same, except Email and Import
will not work until you connect to the internet.

SignText Online:
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/signtext

SignText download:
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/signtext.zip