SignText: Editing Jack and Jill

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Jul 6 19:57:59 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
July 6, 2006

SignText: Editing Jack and Jill

1. Cherie sent me a new version of her SignWriting document Jack and
Jill using SignText email. Thank you, Cherie!

Cherie asked in her message what I thought of the new version?..It is
good of course! ;-)

2. Like all Editors, I wanted to try a few other ways to write some
things...So how did I experiment?

3. I clicked on the Load Back into SignText Button at the bottom of
Cherie's email...

4. This automatically opened my favorite web browser: Mac Camino.
SignText works well with Camino and FireFox.

5. So Cherie's sentence loads into SignText, and I can make editing
changes and add punctuation.

6. When I am done with my changes, I click on the Options Button.

7. I bookmark (save) Cherie's original sentence and also bookmark my
experimental sentence. This way, I will not lose either version.

8. Then I click on the SWML icon, and click Preview. And I create a
screen capture of each version, in columns. This gives me a graphics
file of each version.

9. I open Photoshop to make a GIF of the two versions side by
side...so I can share it with all of you!

Here are the two versions side by side. Next message I will explain
why I chose certain punctuation etc...