facial expressions

Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 8 19:58:17 UTC 2006

Val,

im in Northern Europe myself :-)

When Stef gave his talk on the "mouth patterns" at last year's ESWS,
several participants disagreed with him in private and came to me
about it - i had to explain that at Stef's school, they have a strong
oral policy where children are encouraged to use their Spoken German
and Stef cannot go and rebel against the system or he ll lose his job
:-)

you can be assured that facial expressions are very important to us
all over Europe.

Its just that many non-deaf professionals have failed to put the
stress on the facial expressions - that 80% of the language is in your
face - and I am glad youre one of the few non-deaf professionals who
realises how important the facial expressions are to one's signed
language :-)

Shane

--
Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa D.D.