facial expressions

Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 8 21:11:18 UTC 2006

Val,

we dont need any "the deaf' people's biggest friends" - youre one of
us :-) - you have done so much for our signed languages by giving us
the written form.

dont worry about ur ASL - there are many deafies whose ASL is worse
than your ASL - and I was impressed with your ASL - u didnt use the
wrong signs etc for instance you signed the "mailing list" the right
way - many deafies wont do it the right way - they would sign it as
"post-it shopping-list", you know? :-)

Yes, this lady teacher - im not surprised - i did see your signwriting
years ago but I wasnt convinced by this - until I met Kathleen and
Sara in Dublin and they gave me their email address in English/Dutch
and Sign-Writing (I thought Kathleen was deaf, Sara hearing!) - and I
was puzzled by the sign-writing - and they explained - they caught my
imagination since then :-)

If it wasnt for Kathleen and Sara, ESWO won't be born that day :-)

And other things wont happen - for instance, Thierry won't be
convinced that SW is of some benefits.

Shane