ASL poetry and nursery rhymes

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Jul 5 22:13:44 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
July 5th, 2006

Cherie-
If I find some copyright free illustrations for Jack and Jill, could
we place this in our Literature section on the web?

To summarize,

1. facial expression to start the first sign, to anchor the beginning
of the sentence in the column?

2. connect the arrows together going up the hill?

3. I like Jack's crown...that is great!!

4. when Jack falls down...maybe the curves of the motion arrow should
be flopped? Isn't the curve the opposite direction for the right hand
falling compared with the left hand falling? It would make it feel
more symmetrical...

5. and then punctuation...perhaps a pause or two? and the ending of
the sentence?

Super job, Cherie!