Introducing, Francisco.

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Jul 7 00:32:47 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
July 6, 2006

Fernando from Centro de Estudos Inclusivos, in Brazil wrote:
> Hello Val and everyone else:
> This is Francisco Lima, and this my first time writing to the list.
> Thanks, Val, for inviting me.
> I am writing from Brazil and english is not my native language. I
> speak portuguese.
> I am a professor of inclusive education at the Universidade Federal
> de Pernambuco  and coordinator of the Center of Inclusive Studies
> (CEI/UFPE).
> I am pretty much interested in SignWriting and its raised-line
> configuration
> I hope to learn alot from you, exchange ideas and get literature on
> SW.
> Best,
> Francisco Lima

------------------

Hello Dr Lima!
Welcome to the SignWriting List! I am glad you could join us ...smile...

Brazil has so many brilliant computer people, and beautiful Brazilian
Sign Language, which I understand is called LIBRAS. Perhaps you have
seen our SignWriting in Brazil section on our website?

SignWriting in Brazil
http://www.SignWriting.org/brazil

and the software from Brazil, for download?

Download SignWriting Software
http://www.SignWriting.org/downloads

SW Edit, for example, is one of many Brazilian programs developed for
SignWriting...

I hope to update the section on Brazil one of these
days ...smile...there are so many new developments with SignWriting
in Brazil...and your email is one of them ;-)

the best I can!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting