Editing SignWriting Literature, email overload and schedules ;-)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Jul 8 13:26:46 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
July 8, 2006

Hello Stefan and Ingvild!
Thank you for telling me that you are following the messages about
editing literature! That is good to know! We are so fortunate to have
your interest and attention, because this will help the writing
system...so thank you for that!

I wasn't sure that anyone was following. Most people are on vacation,
and email is becoming overwhelming.

Yesterday I had so many problems I was driven crazy by it...behind
the scenes I must have had 10 messages from technicians trying to
figure out why people's messages are being lost...and my own personal
email is clogged and DeafVision cannot figure out what is wrong with
our server...I believe you call it L.I.F.E? ha!

So I thought maybe if I cut back on sending so many messages, the
problems would solve themselves..I believe that the internet is
becoming clogged with so much spam, that it is actually hurting our
communication...

And then Cherie was having problems with SignText using Internet
Explorer. Cherie...are you able to use Firefox on your home computer
over the weekend? smile...I will be happy to continue editing and
finishing Jack and Jill this weekend on the List...smile...I noticed
you made some changes in your last version of Jack and Jill that I
didn't understand...So let's continue discussing Jack and Jill on the
List...you may not even see your email this weekend, and that is ok
too...but I will post some comments next message...

On Monday I start working with Ethiopian Handshapes, and working with
your beautiful illustrations, Stefan! The IMWA work starts on Monday.

We are also writing a grant, and I hope to get funding for Cherie's
school...the Georgia Institute for the Deaf...so they can use
SignWriting this new school year...

Thanks again for your interest in editing documents! We will do it on
the List, as you request...

Look next message -

Val ;-)

PS. Stefan and Ingvild...you are welcome to post your own documents
too...