Majordomo / Listserv

AlysseR at AOL.COM AlysseR at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 23 12:03:21 UTC 2006

Those of us who are managing the lists

SLLing-L
TeachASL
Terps-L
sw-l

have really been slammed with returned and bounced mail ever since  January.
We've tried to clean everything up from behind the scenes, but it  just keeps
getting worse.  So, we're going to ask for your help.   :)

I'm going to send you an email from a new non-AOL account:
_teachasl at gmail.com_ (mailto:teachasl at gmail.com)
In theory, you don't need to do a thing.  :)  If the address is  bad, you'll
never know it and I'll get bounced all over creation.  :)   HOWEVER, I would
like to ask EACH of you to respond to THAT message (not this  one :) so I can
double check things.

All you need to do is reply back to the email that comes to you from
_teachasl at gmail.com_ (mailto:teachasl at gmail.com) .  Something like  "ok", will be
fine.  That will tell me that you think it is a VALID  address.  Then I'll check
your reply against the "bounces", "returned", and  "unknown senders".

It's going to take a while to get out to everyone ... I can't just send  1000
names all at once.  the services will think I'm a spammer :D ... I'm  going
to start with the smaller digests & then do the lists in the following  order:
sw-l, teachasl, slling, and terps-l (cause slling & terps-l  seem to have
fewer problems :)

It may take a few days.

Alysse Lemery  Rasmussen
TeachASL _www.teachasl.org_ (http://www.teachasl.org/)