not all messages are posting to the SW List

Wed Jun 21 07:50:33 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
June 21, 2006

Hello Cherie and Everyone!
I believe Cherie posted a message saying that not all my messages
arrived on the List.

Funny thing...then Cherie's message did not make it to the List either!

The reason I know Cherie tried to post something, is because I am the
manager of the List, and I can see when new messages have been posted
before they arrive...but I have no control over what happens
next...usually they will post to the List within minutes after I see
it coming...

But now something weird is happening...I see the messages coming, but
then they never arrive...

That is not good!

We have been so lucky all these years with an excellent List, so I
will pursue this tomorrow...

I believe this is connected to spammers and also to old email
addresses that are creating too many returns...

Recently, I was spammed just terribly...it was like a flood...I was
being attacked by abnormal amounts of spam...Although Macs cannot get
hurt by viruses written to hurt PCs, I put on my anti-virus software
anyway, only to find that it was a Windows virus being sent to my
Mac....a river of email with a virus that couldn't hurt my
computer...so stupid!

I am worried maybe something like that happened to our
List...recently more strangers with non-SignWriting messages have
tried to come through onto the List, and I have deleted them before
they could get through...messages about...well you know...

No matter what happens, we will always have a SW List...I will not
let this continue!

Smile...Thanks for your patience everyone!

And please keep writing to the List, but I would suggest right now,
that you should send me a copy of the same message too, if you do not
see it post...then I can try to re-post it...Many thanks!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting