Report from Val's Desk

Wed Jun 14 18:05:53 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
June 14, 2006

Dear SW List!

Hmmm....what has Val been doing?

1. I wrote an article for ComputorEdge Magazine about our latest
software. The article will be published in mid-July, 2006.

2. I am printing SignWriting Literature to give away at the NAD
conference. Some of it is in small-size SignWriting. The small-size
is very clean and crisp. I prepare the documents in SignText, place
the SignText sentences in SignBank, and then print to small sizes
from SignBank.

3. There is an article coming out in a local magazine about Lucinda
O'Grady Batch, the Deaf person whom I worked with for over a decade,
and who is the founder of the Deaf Action Committee (DAC). Lucinda
and I met with the reporter for the interview. The article should be
published July 1st.

4. I have been trying to write a grant to IBM for funding for our
software and for teaching SignWriting to residential schools for the
Deaf. Not easy to write a grant but I am trying!

5. This week I am working on web design. I am creating a new special
feature on our SignWriting site about Deaf people who have
contributed to SignWriting over the years...So if someone at the NAD
conference becomes interested, they can visit our SignWriting site to
learn more about Deaf contributions to SignWriting...

So that is my news!

Anyone else have news? Love to hear from you -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting