left, right and both arrows

Gallant, Philippe PGallant at MERCYDESMOINES.ORG
Thu Mar 9 13:54:22 UTC 2006

>From your previous instructions I understand but for this, can we do

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:37 PM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] left, right and both arrows

SignWriting List
March 8, 2006

Imagine your right hand is placed in a can of black paint, and the
your left hand is placed in a can of white paint. The right arm will
paint a black path of movement, thus the right arrowhead is dark. And
the left arm paints a white path in space, thus the white arrowhead
for the left arm. So when both hands touch each other and do the
movement together in ONE path, the black and white paths blend
together and make a general path that is a blending of the black and
white paint... But if your two arms are moving down, but they are
separated with much space between them...we write two separate arrows
because there is a black and white path that is not blending
together...that is the idea behind the general arrowhead...