punctuation question

eghoffma at UMICH.EDU eghoffma at UMICH.EDU
Thu Mar 9 21:12:23 UTC 2006

Hi -
I was looking over the available punctuation and was wondering - is
there any way to show that the pause between the end of one sentence
and the beginning of the next is shorter than is normal? The utterance
in question has the signer jumping back in very quickly after ending a
statement to clarify something he'd just said. I guess a written
English equivalent might be a dash? If there's no SW symbol I can make
note of it in some other way, but I thought I'd ask.
Thanks,
Erika