Testing SignPuddle 2.0

Fri Mar 24 22:48:21 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
March 24, 2006

Hello Steve and Everyone -
Wow. You take my breath away. How do you work so fast, Steve?!

I took the morning to go to the Apple Store to talk with one of their
experts on the new Mac Intel's ability to run both Mac OS X and
Windows XP natively and directly on the same machine...avoiding all
emulators...it looks like I could do that on my Mac Intel, if I
increase the Ram etc and I am going to do that, so I can test your
software development on both Mac OS X and Windows XP at the same
time...an exciting development for me, because Virtual PC, which is
what I used to use, is slower, but now I can avoid all emulation
software...I will keep you informed ;-))

So now, Steve, I am back home and I will try to help you clean up the
ASL SignPuddle 2.0...Your new Import features look amazing! I see
lots of signs that are not written exactly as they should be, so this
will be a way for us to clean as we go...Sometimes people do not know
where to find a certain symbol in the IMWA and so they construct
their own symbols to write a sign...but since I know where the
symbols are (grin) I can find the correct symbols for each sign,
before we give them their Spelling Sequence...so it is a good idea
that I do this cleanup to find the right symbols in the IMWA.

And List Members...I am sure you can see why I have not been able to
teach on the List lately..Steve and new software development has been
keeping me busy!

But I do receive around three to four new documents in SignWriting
weekly, from writers around the world, and I know I have promised so
many new web pages for people...please excuse that I promise things,
and then I am late with completing the work...I am actually 6 months
behind in my to-do-list, can you imagine?! But we are making great
strides forward nonetheless...and I have written down what I promised
to do long ago, so I have not forgotten at least!

We have a new newsletter from Brazil and I will post that next...

Thanks for listening everyone!

Val ;-)