Picture examples of SW Symbols

Thu Mar 2 15:47:50 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
March 2, 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 6:29 AM, Steve Slevinski wrote:
> If you could use gifs and animated gifs roughly 50 by 50 pixels, I
> could create a special version of SignText that would display the
> lifelike images in the symbol palate for viewing.  Whenever the
> user starts to drag a symbol from the palate, the symbol would
> automatically switch to the real IMWA symbol. It would be a great
> teaching tool and very interactive.

Hello Steve and Adam!
All this sounds great. Just be sure make two different versions of
SignText...one as it is right now, and the new interactive one you
mention above, so that people who do not want the illustrations or
photos can just work without them...smile...but it is a great idea. I
would assume that the SignText we have right now will still
exist?...smile...I love it!

I was thinking of adding the photos or illustrations to SignBank too.
I could give you all the illustrations I already have in SignBank,
Steve, for you to test your interactive idea. They are small GIFs or
small JPGs...For example, look at the attached screen capture of
SignBank...on this screen, when people click on a symbol, then see an
illustration of the symbol...would you like all the illustrations I
have like this, in a bundled folder? I can send them to you...