AW: [sw-l] left, right and both arrows

Thu Mar 9 17:07:53 UTC 2006

.... "So now...what to do? I have to ask others about a new rule stating
that the General Arrow could mean PARALLEL PATHS...it is not simple because
thousands of people use SignWriting now and I am trying to keep the system
used the same all over the world as best as is possible...smile..."

Hi Valerie ,

just if you are interested  in my opinion on this issue -

years ago we discussed something like exceptions in spelling or spelling
rules violation by intention ...

I would rather stick to your definition - no contact - no single arrow

Well - from time to time - I happen to spell a sign differently - just
writing only one arrow with "general Arrow head" but that is more because
the symbol just would look very overloaded with all these arrows parallel
going left and right and left or up and down and up  s.th. like that  - and
I guess in these very rare situations it is obvious that both hands
(although not in contact) move like a unit or just feel like that.

I hope I can offer an example if this happens again --

In this given example for depression I would prefer your version with the
two arrows ;-)

Stefan ;-)