problem in the symbol list

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 1 23:24:20 UTC 2006

If you look at your hand, the thumb protrudes from the palm side (the white side) when seen edge on so it has to stick out perpendicular to the main body.  That's what the black dot on white and the white dot on black mean, that the finger is sticking out perpendicular (right angle) to the flat hand.  So the writtten position for the edge on hand is correct, and it must be coming out from the palm side, not from the back of the hand.

  Charles Butler

acpg at vtxnet.ch wrote:
                                                          Val...     while working on SignText this week-end... we notices something... in the 5hand group... select the configuration (see in my first sign)....     the first side view symbol is correct... but then all the following show the thumb in a wring position (not potruding formward but to the side...   see in the second and third side.... Is it an error or did I understand something wrong ?     the white and black hand are perfect to me I just don't understand the side view hand (black and wite)     Anny

  Load message into SignText    Courtesy of SignBank.org