problem in the symbol list

Tue May 2 13:35:06 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
May 2, 2006

> Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
>> the problem is when the hand is to the side (palm facing left)
>> both in the wall plane and in the floor plane... the first hand is
>> correct but then all following hands have the thumb which is not
>> in a protruding position but... only on the side of the hand... I
>> think there is a problem... I haven't checked in SignPuddle if
>> it's the same... I noticed that in the SignText offline version!

Ha! Is that what you were talking about?! There is nothing wrong with
any of those symbols...the thumbs lower like that are still
correct...I was planning to get them all in the middle of the palm,
but didn't get to fixing them yet, but I can still read the ones that
have the thumb lower...those thumbs are still protruding
forward...but you are right that the symbols should be the same in
all rotations and you can see that I started the first one and then
didn't get to fixing them all...These symbols take a lot of time for
me to prepare...and we have close to 30,000 of them now...so it is
not surprising that things get forgotten along the way...Thanks for
pointing that out to me...here is a screen capture of what I see when
I download SignText and use it offline...So I believe we are seeing
the same...