POLAND sign for GORY

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 18 12:41:39 UTC 2006

Ah, then the deaf use multiple mountains as it were.  I was misconstruing as some of ASL patterns do a motion across the board once for a verb, twice for a verb.

    sit (verb)  chair (noun)

  Charles

Lucy <lists at onet.eu> wrote:

    Ah, I was trying to follow your prior message about most signs motion (for nouns) happening once, not multiple times, and that "hearies" tended to make enough motions to follow the syllables of the spoken word.

  Charles

  But, Charles, the word GORY has 2 syllabes, so the hearies use just 2 movemets: one left, one right. They "feel" it's enough :-)

  Lucy