IRISH and ETHIOPIAN Fingerspelling ;-)

Tue May 23 22:51:41 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
May 23, 2006

Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> The most unusual finger spelling alphabet that came to my eyes is
> the EMA.
> I cannot believe that people can learn and even perform that in a
> reasonable
> time!  Greetings to Eyasu ;-))  Stefan ;-)

Ha! Great to see everyone's messages about Irish
Fingerspelling...That old SignWriting chart was taken out of the
Lessons in SignWriting Textbook in 2004 because it wasn't a perfect
writing of the way it was produced, according to some Irish friends
who informed me of this, so I took it out for fear it was
incorrect...smile...

And I am so looking forward to working on the Ethiopian symbols in
the IMWA...I am working on the IMWA right now, doing other symbols,
but Ethiopian handshapes are next on my things-to-do...and I love the
photos and illustrations that Stefan and Eyasu so diligently
produced...smile...

Projects in front of me:

1. Ethiopian Handshapes!!

2. Printing and donating materials to the French-Belgian Schools who
joined the SignWriting Literacy Project several months ago, and they
never received their materials - I am so sorry for the delay!

3. Preparing for the NAD Conference here in California in June-July

We have such beautiful weather here today...I hope everyone can have
as happy a Spring as we are having here!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting