Irish fingerspelling / Toe spelling

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Wed May 24 13:18:43 UTC 2006

I have that....  I'm pretty sure its a joke.

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

"Neil Bauman" <neil at HEARINGLOSSHELP.COM>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
05/23/2006 04:42 PM
Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l]  Irish fingerspelling / Toe spelling

Hi Stefan:

>any idea why the Irish people sign only the "Z" with the left hand? -
smile

Boy you've got sharp eyes! I think it was a mistake on the part of
the artist. I have another fingerspelling chart from the RNID, and it
clearly shows that it is supposed to be the right hand like all the
others. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the link to this particular page.

Interesting that 16 of the 26 letters are exactly the same as ASL and
another 3 very close.

I have a number of finger spelling alphabets, but the most unusual
one I have  is "toe spelling" that people use who don't have any
hands/arms and so they use their feet to "toe spell." Unfortunately,
I don't have a clue where I got it from--somewhere on the internet though.

Regards

                                         Neil

Neil Bauman, Ph.D.
Center for Hearing Loss Help