SignWriting Workshop at NAD Conference 2006!

Wed May 24 15:29:02 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
May 24, 2006

Sebolelo Nhlapo from South Africa wrote:
> I just received your message regarding the conference.
> Well I would like to ask you if the accommodation, transport  and
> food  is  my  responsibility.  Then  can  I  come  with  team  or
> alone?  We  are  a  team  of  three  people.Can  you  please  send
> me  all  details  on  place,  time etc.
> *I WANT TO BE PART OF THE CLASS.*

Hello Sebolelo!
Welcome to the SignWriting List. You are from South Africa? We are
happy to meet you!!

If you want to learn SignWriting, there are several ways to do it...

1. I can help you over the internet, if you ask questions how to
write signs in email...
2. or maybe Ingrid Foggitt can arrange a workshop in Durbin at the
Fulton School For The Deaf...would you like me to arrange that for
you? I can contact Ingrid...They used SignWriting there before...

You wish to travel to California?.... That is a long distance!! Yes,
all costs are your responsibility because we are a small group and we
have no money ourselves...but of course that would be great if you
can afford it...smile...

Here, this summer, the SignWriting Workshop in the US is being held
inside another bigger conference for Deaf people...the NAD...the
National Association of the Deaf Conference in California, which has
nothing to do with us...thousands of Deaf people will be attending
the NAD Conference...

Here is information if you want to attend the NAD conference:

48th Biennial National Association of the Deaf Conference
Palm Desert, California
June 29 - July 3, 2006
www.nad.org/2006conference

I do not know what day the SignWriting Workshop will be held at the
NAD Conference...

Stuart or Philippe...do you know the day and time of your SignWriting
workshop at the NAD?

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting