LESSON 2005 Translate SW Books into other Languages

Wed May 31 15:58:27 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 8, 2005

Dear SignWriting List Members!
There are several people translating our SignWriting materials into
their languages, and people ask me how to do this easily? So here are
Lessons....

HOW TO CREATE A TRANSLATION OF A SIGNWRITING BOOK...

1. Download the SignWriting document in PDF Format
Let us imagine you wish to translate the Level 3 Goldilocks story. I
download it by clicking on this link:

Goldilocks Storybook, SignWriting Level 3
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0168-US-Goldilocks-Level3.pdf

---------

2. Once you download the document, be sure that you have Acrobat
Reader 7.0, which is a free program. You can download the newest
version of Acrobat, 7.0, on the web. Do that now:

Download Acrobat Reader 7.0

---------

3. Open the Goldilocks document in Acrobat Reader 7.0...continued
next email message...