AW: [sw-l] finger movement

Tue May 30 21:14:17 UTC 2006

Hi Honza,

You are right! I concentrated on sequential finger movements in my “Handbuch
zur GebärdenSchrift”

You will find an answer to your question  if you follow the link -;-)

 <http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less015.html>
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less015.html

ANSWER 0035:

Please see Example 0035 below. It shows Finger Movement.

Number 1: Shows rubbing the finger tips in a circle. When there are no
arrows near the Rub Symbol, then we assume that the rubbing motion goes in a
circle.

Number 2: Shows rubbing the fingers in the direction of the arrows. The tiny
arrows are "Finger Movement Arrows". Fingers use tiny arrows that do not
have the "dark and light arrowheads for right and left"....they are always
general arrows, and very tiny, placed close to the fingers that are doing
the movement....they are almost always used in combination with the Rub
Symbol (exception: some dances from Bali, India and the Far East, manipulate
their fingers into astonishing positions, and the little arrows come in
handy in such cases). (These little Finger Movement Arrows are in SignWriter
4.3...they are also used as Shoulder Movement Arrows.)

Number 3: The same movement, except that the arm itself moves from side to
side at the same time as the Finger Movement. I show this example, not
because it means anything ...only to show how different the Arm Movement
Arrows look in comparison to the Finger Movement Arrows.

Thanks to Valeries perfect teching lessons you can find almost anything with
the seaarch button on the www.signwriting.org <http://www.signwriting.org/>
site

Stefan ;-)

Just post your new spelling to the list ....