SignWriting Library is growing!

Wed Nov 22 18:07:17 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
November 22, 2006

Dear SW List Members, and Sergio!

Such amazing news....So many good things to tell you!

Sergio Ribeiro from Brazil just sent us a 30 page PDF file of Bible
verses, from Genesis to Ecclesiastes, written in LIBRAS (Brazilian
Sign Language) in SignWriting, to post in our SignWriting Library...

THANK YOU, Sergio!

I will post this wonderful document as soon as possible...It is easy
to post, because you sent it to me in PDF format... that is perfect....

All literature written in SignWriting is welcome in our Library....

I also plan to post Stefan's instruction document on SignWriter DOS,
and Lucy's Goldilocks document under Children's stories...

If others want me to post documents, send the documents to me in one
of these formats:

1. PDF Document

or

2. SignText email document...

One of these two formats is required so I can post them quickly...

When writing new SignWriting texts, the SignText email format is nice
because I can store your document as a bookmark in Firefox, which
means we can re-edit and re-format the document anytime we wish. I
can easily make a PDF document myself from the SignText email
document anytime...and in SignText email, you can place a spoken
language translation at the bottom...

The PDF documents give us a solid document that cannot be changed,
and can be opened on any computer, so it is perfect for quick posting
and easy reading on the web...That is why all our documents in our
Archive are PDF format:

SignWriting PDF Archive
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive

I will write again when I have posted these new documents....

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting